Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I was at a well-know hotel and I spent a night in the hotel

Customer Question

I was at a well-know hotel and I spent a night in the hotel The bed that I slept in had fecal matter in the sheet that I did not noticed until I got up the next morning. I did smell body odor on the blanket, during the night and so I removed it. I did not make a big fuss since I was only there for about 5 hours and was leaving at 4 AM in the morning. I was lying in the bed that was fully made up when I got in. I turned the bed side lamp off while watching TV, then when I because sleepy I just slipped under the sheets. That is when I smelled the body odor. When I got up in the morning and pulled away the blanket fully looking for my phone, that was when I saw the fecal matter all over the sheets. Please note that this was not mine. I was not sick, and I also kept the shirt with the fecal matter on it for evidence, thinking that there could be some DNA from it to prove that it was not mine. Do I have a case here to sue the hotel. I have photos and I have the shirt with it. This is very disturbing to me. I was traveling to florida and still is here until this weekend, but I will check into my doctor when I get back to Indiana. Please let me know if I have a case or not.
Thanks,
Delroy
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Unfortunately, while generally, this type of situation would warrant a formal complaint to the hotel corporate office and also to the state health department, unless the guest got either sick or injured as a result of such incident, I am afraid there would not be any legal basis for a lawsuit or a legal claim for compensation, beyond a refund for such unfortunate hotel stay.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.