How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27442
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I stop a person buging me

Customer Question

how can I stop a person buging me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, One thing than sometimes works is that you can go to the police, tell them that this person has been harassing and/or stalking you, but you'd like to give her one more chance before formally getting charges pressed against you. Ask the police to contact her and warn her to leave you alone. She may ignore you when you tell her to back off, but she's not likely to ignore the police. The police will frequently make a call like this in order to nip a problem in the bud before it ever starts. If they won't do that for you, and her actions are causing you alarm, tell them that you want charges pressed against you and a criminal restraining order. She would become a defendant in a criminal case, and the court would make sure she left you alone. Or, if you just want her stopped but only want her arrested if she violates the restraining order, you could go to civil court and get a civil restraining order. You can look over the civil orders that your state has available here in this overview.