Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My wife and I bought a condo in the complex that we've lived

Customer Question

My wife and I bought a condo in the complex that we've lived in since 1988 we had a cockatoo in our other condo in the same complex for 22 years no complaints whatsoever down our new condo we had security at our place at least four times they've interrupted dinner iThe security has put in the long there's been no noisenow we have a letter from the management and the board saying that there is excessive noise for more bird even though every time the security has come logged in that there's no noise I'm beginning to think this is harassment in making our new home a living hell is there some sort of solution I can do like suing them
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Oh, at the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you today. Thanks! Please note: I want to help you but I may need some additional information from you. Are you saying that the walls are soundproof or is there some soundproofing in your unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The walls are C meant the kitchen window goes the hallway which goes to their front door they are the only people who have complained over and over again like I said we've lived here since 1988 and another unit with the bird for 22 years no complaints whatsoever security has been here numerous times and has logged in that there is no noise this is becoming harassment
This does indeed sound like harassment but maybe they're hearing something that can be soundproofed in some way? If that can't happen and you think they are harassing you I would suggest that you discuss this with a landlord-tenant attorney in your area. Do you think the property manager is trying to get you to move?I would discuss this with a landlord-tenant attorney, and if you let me know where you are I can find a list of L&T lawyers for you.
Are you still here? I would like to help you today but I would like to know if you want me to find a list of lawyers for you.
I am opting out to let another expert handle this for you. If you can answer my question about finding attorneys I'll be happy to help you again. Thanks.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello BillThis is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard since your first professional did an opt out.So what is it you need to know? What information can I provide? Has the manager said the complaint is specifically about your pet?