How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19648
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married 3 years i own the belongings in the home

Customer Question

I have been married 3 years i own the belongings in the home he didnt have anything when we got married we rent i am the only one working he is mean and verably abusive he also breaks things in the home all the time i am scared and worried all the time what do i do we dont have children
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No i cant affored one and pay all the bills
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I cant live with this he is a ticking time bomb
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
If he is very abusive to the point of breaking things, then you need to extricate yourself from the situation. You would have to look for another place to live or file for Restraining Order to prevent him from coming to the apartment. You may also consider at this point calling legal services in your area for free legal assistance to file for divorce for you. Best wishes, Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.