LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I filed a small claims case. The person I filed against works

Customer Question

I filed a small claims case. The person I filed against works for the department of revenue, and has been difficult to serve. I sent the notice to her at her work registered mail. someone in the mail room signed for it, does that count as her having been served?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. No, the mail room signing for the summons and complaint does not constitute legal service of the lawsuit. Why don't you instead just have the sheriff's office, in the county where she works, serve her with the lawsuit. They can get access to her workplace to serve her while she is at work. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I tried that but the sherrifs office need four to six weeks in advance, and unfortunately there was not enough time. I will have to refile and start again. Thank you for your timely response.
Tami
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Tami, I am sorry that you didn't have enough time. That is unfortunate. Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.Thanks in advance.I wish you the best,Doug