How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118115
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

That much I surmised from misc. web posti ngs. So now, what

Customer Question

That much I surmised from misc. web posti ngs. So now, what can be done to reduce the fees. They are in multiple courts. Also, can the car be sold for salvage or parts without dealing with the fees. The car is worth about what the fees are. Lastly, if the car is sold for parts, what happens to the fees. Do they remain a debt i must pay anyway?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can sell the car for scrap, but this issue does not go away because the state can still pursue you for fines and penalties by putting a hold on your driver's license, which means that whatever state you are in can prevent you from renewing your driver's license until they are paid. CA is notorious for pursuing collections and sometimes it takes them a year or even several years to put the hold into the national driver's license violator database, but they do it and when they do then you have to pay them off to get your license renewed no matter what state your license is in.