How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking advice pertaining to family

Customer Question

I am looking for legal advice pertaining to family law in Missouri. I have quite a few questions. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Heather. I'm a family law attorney with 15 years practice experience. Would you be able to type in your question(s) so that I and the other experts on this site can read your questions and find an expert to assist you?Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Legal Discussion by Email + Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.
Hi, these responses are to be considered for information and not as legal advice, as we do not form an attorney client relationship. As far as relocating goes, there are generally consequences with a relocation and they can make the divorce more complicated. However, if no one has filed for divorce yet and there are not any divorce orders issued from the court, then yes, you have the right to take the children and relocate with them. Regarding alimony, generally, a judge is going to look at both spouses employment history and both spouses needs, and the bills of the marriage. If it looks like there is an excess on his side of the equation, then your chances of alimony are much greater. The issue of alimony is fact sensitive though, and what is a valid expense to one side (as far as needs and expenses go) could be argued as invalid by the other side. Let me know if this assists you with your question!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long would child support enforced?
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.
Generally, child support is collected until a minor turns 18 or graduates from his regular high school class, whichever is later.Does this help?