How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask alex reese Your Own Question
alex reese
alex reese, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3466
Experience:  BS, MS, JD
Type Your Legal Question Here...
alex reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there an patent oath document that can be sent via certified

Customer Question

Is there an patent oath document that can be sent via certified letter to an individual who is falsely assigned ( second name) on a patent.
I have proof that I invented the system and I need him off so I can move forward.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  alex reese replied 1 year ago.
hello. no, there is no such procedure. also, "falsely assigned" is not the same as "not a co-inventor" as you suggest by saying "second name" i'm not sure if you are confusing those concepts or not. Inventorship and Ownership are not the same issues, and when it comes to either, it is rather tricky/messy and there are no easy solutions. You will need to retain an experienced patent attorney to go over various strategies/approaches.