How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19111
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a couple of DUI convictions in 2006. I have not driven

Customer Question

I had a couple of DUI convictions in 2006. I have not driven since my licence was revoked back then.
I was told that to reinstate my licence, I must get a breath analyser installed in my car until 2018 .I do
not have a car so it would have to be put in my mother's car. I am 51 years old and am on SS disability
due to a near-fatal infection from necrotizing fasciitis (flesh-eating bacteria). Steer me, please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You would need to comply with the "Ignition Interlock Device" requirement even if you do not have your own car in order for your license to be reinstated. There is no way around this. You obviously will need your mother's permission in order to get the device installed in her vehicle. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.