How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Received a letter from an automobile corporate office saying

Customer Question

Received a letter from an automobile corporate office saying they have come to the conclusion to offer us another vehicle because of a defect in ours. Everything seemed to be going as should I thought then the ball stopped rolling. where do I stand. and what should I do now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Now that you have this letter in hand, if they are not responding, then your best bet is to go to a consumer law attorney and pay about $200.00 for him/her to fire off a demand letter asking for compliance. Before you do that, however, just take the letter and go to the dealership and wait to speak with the general manager show him a COPY of your letter [keep the original with you at all times]. Let them find out what the hold up is from the manufacturer. Then, if that does not work, you can find a consumer law attorney near you by going to this link. I can show you how to go to court on this but that would be more time, money and headache for you. So try these two steps first.