How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33374
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a small business owner. I have a client who has a personal

Customer Question

I am a small business owner. I have a client who has a personal injury case open and owes me $5K. She recently won her arbitration case. The attorneys negotiated a slight reduction in amount due as they agreed to distribute the funds. It has been 60 days and I have yet to be paid, the attorney's office will not return my calls, nor will the client. Are there any Minnesota statues in regards ***** ***** long the attorney can hold funds? Can I send notification that after a certain date I will no longer honor the negotiated discount?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.No, there is no statute that states that. The only limitation would be if you had negotiated a time in your agreement.Yes, you can send them the notification but if you do then there is no longer any requirement that they pay you directly out of their funds.