Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I was involved in a single car accident our to a medical condition

Customer Question

I was involved in a single car accident our to a medical condition (no citation) that had not been diagnosed, the CHP officer held my license and issued re-examination paperwork to the DMV, I have a telephone interview next month.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, my question is can I drive while waiting for the re-examination interview?
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
ANSWER:Yes, you can still drive. However, if you do not personally appear for and complete the reexamination as scheduled (either by telephone or in person), your driving privilege will be suspended. The suspension will remain in effect until you appear, provide the requested information, and/or submit to any required tests.