Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Sept 2014 i bought a rainsoft system house. I went to

Customer Question
Sept 2014 i bought a...
Sept 2014 i bought a rainsoft system for my house. I went to home depot an got a,water test kit and they called me back an said that my water failed the test just like they thought. I said how is that i purchased the rainsoft system through yall (Home depot). She asked me to hold an connected me to rainsoft and at that time the rainsoft rep said it will be 100s for a tech to come out. I told her that the guy Jason told me that he lived down the street and would not charge for the checking the system. I've been calling them back because now we have a puddle of water coming out of the ground where they ran their equipment. They said we have one free move, i want them to move the equipment and hook the house back to the main water line like it was before they messed with it. They can have their equipment back. Ive never missed a payment because they get it directly from my account. Plus one representative said Jason is no longer with them an the other rep said he is. Please help....
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/26/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….1. What did they say about your proposal?2. What is the warranty period for their system?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Haven't been able to contact any one.
Lifetime warranty thats the only reason we got it
Is that a lifetime warranty on parts and installation?
Can you upload a copy of that warranty? I did not find one on their website.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U
I will wait for you to upload the warranty so we can see exactly what your rights are. I will sign off at 7:20 p.m. CST; but be back tomorrow...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything on the service agreement was hand written
Okay, thanks for uploading that. In this context, a lifetime warranty would usually mean a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship without a time limit to make a claim. So, while I understand that you no longer want their equipment, you will need first establish a clear breach on their part of the warranty so then you can go into court and ask the court to undo the whole transaction because they breached their end of the deal by not properly fixing the issue. Here is how you go about doing that: You want to send Rainsoft (also copy Home Depot on all correspondence) a letter [by fax, email, certified mail and certified mail return receipt request] letting them know what problems you are having and when they started and ask them to contact you to make an appointment for them to come out within the next 30 days and fix the issues. Then, just wait out the 30 days and if they do not respond, then sue them in court for breach of contract and ask the judge to rescind the whole deal so they have to come pick up their equipment and refund your money.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you
Your welcome. If you feel we can close this question, will you please take a moment to assign a feedback rating at this time. Thank you.
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney