How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does the EPA have a statute of limitations on reporting the

Customer Question

Does the EPA have a statute of limitations on reporting the illegal venting of refrigerants into the atmosphere. The lines of hundreds of refrigerators were cut, by a company several years ago. There are at least three witnesses. Also is there an award for reporting these actions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Information on violations of the Clean Air Act and refrigerant venting is discussed here: The reward for reporting such violations are up to $10,000 if the party is convicted. That can be reported here: The Clean Air Act is located here: For violations, there is a 5 year statute of limitations for criminal actions per 18 USC 3282a and 5 years for civil actions pursuant to 28 USC 2462. The statute of limitations can be extended either under the Discovery Rule theory (when the violation become discoverable, after the exercise of due diligence) and by the Continuing Release Theory (dealing with latent discharges that continue to harm the environment - United States v. Rutherford Oil Corp., 2009) Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.(no additional charges are incurred). Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site: you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!