Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am seeking help regarding a very complex situation

Customer Question
Hello, I am seeking help...
Hello, I am seeking help regarding a very complex situation that I am in..I have $29,000 in victim restitution that my Co defendant and I are paying monthly, but I also have about $3000 in unpaid traffic tickets on top of that, and my driver's license has been suspended for about 3 years now...Revenue division won't let me pay the $3000 in full and get my liscense suspension lifted so I can get to work and get more work! I have tried everything except get a lawyer to help me get on calendar because it's causing me a hardship...should I get an attorney? Can I maybe get a restricted drivers liscense? ? Help! I know there is something I can do...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/26/2016
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello, I am seeking help regarding a very complex situation that I am in..I have $29,000 in victim restitution that my Co defendant and I are paying monthly, but I also have about $3000 in unpaid traffic tickets on top of that, and my driver's license has been suspended for about 3 years now...Revenue division won't let me pay the $3000 in full and get my liscense suspension lifted so I can get to work and get more work! Response 1: It does not work that way. You would need to serve out your suspension. You cannot pay your way out. I have tried everything except get a lawyer to help me get on calendar because it's causing me a hardship...should I get an attorney? Response 2: No. There is nothing an Attorney can do. Can I maybe get a restricted drivers liscense? ? Help! I know there is something I can do Response 3: It appears that you are not eligible for restricted driver's license because your license was not suspended because you did not have insurance coverage. For more information, click on the below: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/forms/dl/dl691 I am so sorry that I do not have better news for you. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That doesn't sound right... I knew I would regret paying for this! How am I supposed to pay 29,000 if I can't get to work! My friend has been driving me to work for 2 years! So it makes NO sense to me as to why I can't pay off my smaller accounts in full, when I am paying my victim restitution! Thanks alot!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh yeah and what do you mean "serve out my suspension"?? I said it's been suspended for 3 years already....
I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, you have already indicated that the "Revenue division" will not let you pay off the ticket in order to reinstate your license. That is actually how it works. You cannot pay your way of a suspension. Nonetheless, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you. Best wishes,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please do because what your saying is that I can't pay my fines!!? Wich is stupid because I'm sure they want their money, or they wouldn't have fined me to begin with...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am experiencing a hardship because I am unable to work more than I already am...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law