How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9905
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement that I would like to satisfy, I understand

Customer Question

I have a judgement that I would like to satisfy, I understand your firm helps with these issues.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I had a home repossessed a few years back, and back homeowners dues were not paid, and judgment for these resulted.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No, just need to get off record and repair credit.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
What state is this in regards to? I can get you information as to whether your state allows for removing a judgment, and suggestions on credit repair, but am not able to provide personal assistance as I am only able to provide legal information, as opposed to providing legal services/advice. Is that what you were interested in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience as I reviewed this. Unfortunately since a judgment is a public record, it cannot be removed; rather it remains on one's credit report for 7 years. However, if a party pays off the judgment, then the creditor should file with the court an Acknowledgement of Satisfaction of Judgment and that should be reflected on one's credit report, which typically helps one's credit score.Sometimes people will dispute a judgment with the credit bureaus, requesting proof that the judgment is in fact valid. This requires the court or the creditor to send adequate documentation (ie file endorsed judgment) with the consumer's name on it, indicating that the judgment is in fact on the record. Because it is a public record, it is impossible to "pay to delete" as people will try that with other credit issues. As for repairing one's credit report, one needs to take care before hiring a professional company, as some are scams, and others charge for what can be done on one's own. Here is a detailed brochure on steps that can be taken in this process: Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.(no additional charges are incurred). Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
This is an example of a satisfaction of judgment to file with the court:
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site: you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!

Related Legal Questions