Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Experience:  dasdasd
23431962

On Thursday, April 21, an important item of clothing ( a vest)

Customer Question

On Thursday, April 21, an important item of clothing ( a vest) had
my prescription glasses in the pocket. When I went through the metal detector the zipper alerted the sensors and the TSA agent took the items
and when I collected my things -- I did not have the vest. I was waiting at the United Gate 75 at SFO when I realized I did not have the item and went back to the Security Area and was told there was nothing there. I was given a phone number for lost and found on a piece of paper, and later lost it. Could you help me try to locate this lost item - vest & glosses. Millie Fortier -- email: ***@******.***
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hi Millie, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your personal items. That must be quite frustrating. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer. Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. ANSWER: Unfortunately, becasue I do not work in San Francisco, I cannot recover the items for you. However I can provide you with a direct contact number to the TSA Lost and Found at SFO. This is where items left at security, and recovered by TSA personnel, are held. TSA Lost and Found at SFO Airport: 650 - 821 - 8587. You will likely get an answering service. Leave a message with as much detailed information as possible. They might not call you right back, but they should do that. If not in a few days, then call back. Note, I would not take a response that they have not found it as the last word. It takes time for items to be catalogued into their systems, so if they can't find it on the first attempt, it might be located and logged a few days later. I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that. Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating. REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you. A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!