Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

On my last answered question from Can an unsigned NOTE and

Customer Question
DOT (clouded) be avoided in...
on my last answered question from Can an unsigned NOTE and DOT (clouded) be avoided in a chapter 13 or 7 and stop the bank from pursuing forclosure
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/23/2016
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
I am not sure what you mean by an unsigned note and deed of trust. Do you mean that you never took out a loan & loan documents? Please provide more details about your situation. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MY WIFE OF 28 YRS REFINANCED THE HOME IN 2009, HOWEVER, AS A SPOUSE IN TX, I NEVER SIGNATURED THE "DEED OF TRUST" NOR DID I EVER "SIGNATURE THE NOTE", YOU SAID, IN TEXAS THIS POSSIBLY COULD BE A CLOUD ISSUE IN TITLE. MY QUESTION IS, IF THERE IS A CLOUD IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IT CAN POSSIBLY be avoided in a chapter 13 or 7 and stop the bank from pursuing forclosure MY HOUSE NOTE IS TO FAR BEHIND RIGHT NOW.
The short answer to your question is that bankruptcy, being a federal court, does not get involved with matters that involve real estate rights. Those are state court matters. If you feel that the promissory note and deed of trust are invalid due to the lack of your signature, that defense must be raised in the State court foreclosure proceeding, not in bankruptcy court.
Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney