How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a minor speeding ticket two years ago in Tucson AZ (50

Customer Question

I had a minor speeding ticket two years ago in Tucson AZ (50 mh in a 35 zone) while working as a trucker. I am unemployed, with a family, and am a *very good* worker, but am getting turned down even for jobs that require no driving. Is there a time limit on that offense being listed at RMV in Tucson? Is there any way, through an attorney, that I could get that one tiny offense covered up or removed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,For insurance purposes, citations are reported for the past 39 months.Driving convictions remain on your record for 5 years.You can find more detailed information (as well as resources to look into your driving record) here: is unlikely that you are being turned down from non-driving jobs due to a single speeding ticket that is 2 years old (even jobs that require driving will still look at a single citation in context - although they must clear these with their insurance carrier's policy), there may be other reasons - the most common is that there is simply a very competitive job market out there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been hired at five good jobs (3 driving, two not) in the recent month (I am a very good worker, great record), and all have fired me the next day citing my driving record. This is hugely frustrating and embarrassing, and I am starving. Is there something a lawyer could do to get the small offense shielded? It's about 25 months old and you're saying it would take 39 months (or more, knowing Tucson) for it to be shielded from my employer's insurance company.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Was your traffic violation a "citation" or was it prosecuted as a "misdemeanor"?