How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37840
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My elderly father forgot to pay a 16028 A (no proof of insurance)...but

Customer Question

my elderly father forgot to pay a 16028 A (no proof of insurance)...but he DOESN'T drive anymore....any problem ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..It might be a problem because if he was given a citation for no insurance, then if he didn't pay it, he would have had a court date that he likely missed. This would then have resulted in a bench warrant being issued for his arrest for failing to appear on the court date and not paying the fine. This isn't something that they would actually come and arrest him for, but if he was ever stopped for any other reason, and they ran his ID, it would show up and potentially result in him being arrested..So he definitely needs to address this, maybe with your help, in contacting the clerk, explaining that he forgot about it, and see if a warrant has been issued and whether it can be recalled and converted to a summons....thanksBarrister