Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I just ran into a fire hydrant which was in the road because

Customer Question
of a car accident I...
I just ran into a fire hydrant which was in the road because of a car accident I was not involved in. I called 911 and reported the fire hydrant and while on the call a police cruiser arrived on scene.He told me to wait while he attended to the actual car accident. I drove away because I don't have car insurance and didn't want to have that come out when the officer got back to me.Do I have a problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/23/2016
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Unfortunately, generally, similar situation can result in driver who left the scene of an accident, in criminal charge of leaving the scene of an accident (I understand that there was no other vehicle involved, just your vehicle and the fire hydrant) and also in citation for driving without insurance.So it is generally important to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney and to remain silent and insist on local attorney being present, if questioned or arrested by the police.You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:www.lexmundi.comwww.martindale.comwww.lawyers.comwww.legalmatch.comWhen, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law