Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My wife had just got out of the hospital from having a seizure

Customer Question
and was not thinking clearly...
my wife had just got out of the hospital from having a seizure and was not thinking clearly, when she went in for a office visit to our doctor she told him that I was mad at him for prescribing so many different pills to her. this is not true I did not say that I was mad at him however he told her that he didn't want to see me anymore, well that would be fine but he was working with me on a L&I case and now left me without a doctor and possibly my compensation from my injury. wondering if I have case for conflict of interest, patient doctor whatever. didn't call me in to ask me he just believed her
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/22/2016
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Dear Customer,You may want to contact the physician (depending on the way the last conversation went, writing a letter may be best), where you identify that there appears to be a misunderstanding, and that you would like to confirm whether or not he intends to continue working as your expert for the L&I claim. Ask that he respond to you promptly so that you can take your case file to an alternative physician in time so that your case is not compromised.While your physician cannot be forced to continue to as your expert, depending on the status of your L&I claim, he may still be subject to subpoena/deposition in the suit. So if, after receiving your letter noting that there appears to have been a misunderstanding, he still decides he no longer wishes to be your expert, you are going to need to find a replacement, and he should promptly forward your entire case file to that new physician.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney