Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What do I do if I think that I am victim of a Technical Support

Customer Question
What do I do if...
What do I do if I think that I am victim of a Technical Support Scam called Classic Solutions LLC?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/21/2016
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me more about what happened? Have you sent these people any money?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes. I paid $1750 for a 5 year plan. The have worked on my system twice. I called to day and received the response "Good Buy".
That's too bad. It does sound rather suspicious. If you paid with a credit card for 5 years, try calling and seeing if it's too late to dispute the charge. Some cards have a 60 or 90 day limit, but call and check. You can also file a Complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center and ask them to investigate.http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx The most important thing to do is NOT to be taken in again. Sometimes, what happens is, they'll scam you, and then they'll have someone call, pretending to be with the government, offering to get your money back if you pay them. If something like that happens, hang up and report it immediately. U.S. law enforcement wouldn't charge you to help you recover your own stolen money.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney