How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Truancy case kids and we just

Customer Question

***** *****. truancy case for elementary kids and we just received notice we had to appear in court may 2nd
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 7 year old and 10 year old in elementary and we received a notice this week that we have to go to court may 2nd due to unexcused absenses. First is there a ways to request for a delay of the court hearing. We found out Tuesday my husband was let go at his job and need more time to prepare for the case. And a lot of the reasoning for the tardies and missing school are due to PTDS officially diagnosed my son former therapist for handing of a situation at school and Cps. To start my daughter we found out had not been turning in her excuses for the absenses because she was "shy".
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a case that is in Texas, Williamson county and I need to be able to talk to lawyer that understands the new truancy laws and our rights how to fight it as well as give a good back history of what happened in the past to cause the PTSD and the strange back history associated with it.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. There is a mechanism for delaying the case. You can file what is known as a Motion for Continuance. Those follow a specific format and you can see an example of one at You must have that notarized, although it doesn't show the notary place on that form. However, just filing the Motion doesn't actually d anything, you have to show up and get the judge to grant it. Usually the judges will delay the case for a couple of weeks if you are hiring a lawyer. Also, if you are going to hire a lawyer in the next couple of days then the lawyer will make arrangements to get the case continued. Your lawyer will want to get whoever was treating the PTSD involved and there to testify and that can also be used as grounds for a continuance but you want the lawyer to file for that.