How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116818
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed an attorney's lien against real property. No

Customer Question

I have filed an attorney's lien against real property. No lawsuit was filed, but the work resulted in redeeming the land from a tax sale. Must this lien be pursued as set forth in O.C.G.A. §44-14-360? Or must there be a suit filed within the statute of limitations of a written employment agreement between the attorney and his client?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am a lawyer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not unless there is need for clarification.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Once the lien is placed, you need to file a lawsuit to foreclose on the lien based on breach of your fee agreement. The lien does not give you the right to collect, it gives you only a lien on the property, but to collect upon that lien you need to file your lawsuit to prove breach of contract and ask the court to foreclose on the lien to allow you to collect if the person does not pay the judgment.