How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have rights to my medical records?I am having trouble

Customer Question

Do I have rights to my medical records?
I am having trouble getting my fomer PCP (Dr. Linda Attoe) to forward records from decades of history with her to a new PCP, whom I have had to choose because ) Dr. Attoe's medical group's (West Park Medical Group) recent affiliation with Mount Sinai Medical System resulted in no longer accepting my medical insurance, although they never informed me of that. I found out by accident, through United Healthcare. When I requested forwarding of records, I got one page of current lab est results. Period.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you do have a right to your medical records.See this link to the NY State Department of Health for information (and resources to assist you if your physician continues to deny your request):
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Yes you do. If your former doctor is refusing my suggestion would be to file a complaint with the state medical board.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,My apologies for the duplicate posting above, there have been some updates to the forum which have caused some inadvertent posts.If you have any follow up questions regarding your medical records request, please do not hesitate to post them and I will follow up promptly.Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.Bill