How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What recourse do I have when people use my front yard to turn

Customer Question

What recourse do I have when people use my front yard to turn around when they reach the end of the business parking area next door? What if I were to arrive home and find vehicles parked in my yard? The business next door has grown in the last 30 years from a guy who keeps a few bees and sells the honey to a full fledged petting zoo/ restaurant/ educational center/ gift shop. Last Saturday around lunch time, three cars used my front yard to turn around in the space of 10 minutes, while I was out in my shorts and t-shirt washing my car. There is a good place to turn around just a hundred feet ahead, but people don't see that when they reach the end of the business parking lot. It is very cell phone service to call the police and it would take the a good 20 minutes for the police to arrive. Thank you, ***** ***** County, SC.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation. You can sue the neighbor for "trespass" due to their invitees utilizing your property as an additional parking area for their business. Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.