How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What to do if a civil claplaint is filed against you?

Customer Question

what to do if a civil claplaint is filed against you?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You will want to file a "responsive pleading" this is either an answer, a motion to strike, or a demurrer. You have a limited amount of time to respond (usually 30 days from the date of service). Depending on how much you are being sued for, you may want to consider retaining a lawyer to represent you (the earlier you retain a lawyer, the more effectively they can represent you).If you provide me with the state in which you were sued, I can often provide you with more information and/or resources to assist you.