How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1627
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Legal Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born in mexico city but chose american citizenship

Customer Question

Hello I was born in mexico city but chose american citizenship when I was 18. I would like to apply for dual citizenship...I would like to do this in order to possibly move to Mexico city but I have 2 children and a husband. Would they need to apply as well? was told I could get a lawyer and it could happen within 3 months. What kind of lawyer would I need to reach out to please and does this sound realistic?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.In order to obtain citizenship for your husband and children you would have to first obtain your Mexican passport from the nearest consulate, and then you would have to file petitions on their behalf. For that process you would need a Mexican immigration attorney who is licensed in Mexico. Many attorneys are licensed in both the USA and Mexico, the best place to find such attorneys is your states local bar association. I hope this helps with your question.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
if you have any other questions, just ask. If not, please rate the answer for credit and tracking.