How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28002
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was charged with offensive touching in De. Victim is my boyfriend who is a large Correctional Officer. He also got a PFA against me yesterday including our son in it. He has some video of me where I'm cursing and attempting to take his phone.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We shared a home for 7 years. I have never been in trouble before. Now I am basically homeless and can't see my son.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They day he alleged all this, I returned home from 4 day business trip. We've been in the process of separating for several months. I opened my own bank account and began depositing my check there. Also the realtor who I am renting from June 1 called him to verify my past history. Does any of this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has no injuries and I didn't think I would hurt him considering his size. We were arguing over things.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Did you strike or touch him? Do you think he wants the State to proceed and prosecute?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I pushed him and tried to get his cell phone as he was filming me. I think yes, he died want the state to prosecute because this incident occurred late Friday night and first thing Monday morning, he was at family court getting PFA and Emergency custody.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information. The information which you shared above, about your return from your trip, is not necessarily relevant to the alleged charge. In a situation like this, you need to defend what is being alleged, regarding pushing him and if there was any basis for it, such as self defense. Moreover, his desire to have the State prosecute and his cooperation, is relevant and necessary, for the State to proceed. You also will be able to appear and respond to the PFA and contest it, showing the Judge that there is no need for it and you should have shared custody of the child and that there is no fear or safety issues when the child is in your possession.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was arraigned Saturday. I was let go on 300.00 unsecured, which means that I didn't have to pay anything. The no contact was changed to no unlawful. But now we have the PFA. Hearing next Tuesday for that.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Yes, both need to be answered to and defended. The fact that you did not have to pay anything does not mean the charge is not serious. You do need to appear at the hearing next week and contest what he is alleging.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!