Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My identity has been hacked and a person with a different SS#

Customer Question
***** had a judgement filed...
My identity has been hacked and a person with a different SS# ***** had a judgement filed and my wages have been garnished. What can I or should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/18/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. The only thing you can do is file a motion to quash the garnishment, inform the court that you are a victim of identity fraud, and ask the court to stop the garnishment that is based on a judgment that was obtained because of your identity thief.
At the least, the court could suspend or delay the garnishment until a determination is made regarding whether this is you or if it was this identity thief.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!
Roger, Attorney