How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4823
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am unable to work and get no benefits. I live with my parents,

Customer Question

I am unable to work and get no benefits. I live with my parents, can I pay into a social security account so that I am eligible for help when i turn 67.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Technically speaking, there is no way to pay into social security without working. You could, however, claim that you are self employed, set up a LLC with a tax ID number, and then start paying in. This, however, might not make much financial sense. Social Security will pay you less than if you just took that money and invested it or purchased an annuity that paid a yearly or monthly dividend when you turned a certain age. While I can't address your specific financial situation, I can say that generally speaking, investing your own money will provide a higher return than giving it so Social Security.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.