Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Where can I file an application pre approval in the

Customer Question
Where can I file an...
Where can I file an application for TSA pre approval in the Boston area?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/17/2016
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
There are a few programs that can make one eligible for TSA PreCheck expedited screening. I will start with TSA PreCheck Program itself, and then explain other options that might be available.Where I provide a web address, if you can't click it, copy and paste it into a new internet window.TSA PreCheck ParticipationTo get into the TSA PreCheck program one should apply for the program in person, at an Application Center. Here is a link to find the nearest enrollment center: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/locator. If you cannot make it to one of these application centers, then you should stick with the other options, described below.You can pre-apply before the appointment so that your application is ready to go when you arrive. Information on TSA Pre-Applications can be found here: http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/application-program.The process for Pre-Application can be found here: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/.And the application can be found here: http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/apply.Other Trusted Traveler ProgramsHere is information on the other Trusted Traveler programs: http://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs.Global Online Enrollment System is the best pace to start: https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes. You should get a Trusted Traveler number through one of those programs.Create a new profile. This process will screen your background and allow individuals who pass the screening to obtain a Trusted Traveler number. Once you have the Trusted Traveler number, when you are making reservations with a participating airline and through a participating airport, there will be a space or option in your booking process that will say or ask for a "Known Traveler Number" or "KTN." This is where you include the Trusted Traveler number. This process will put the number on your boarding pass and allow you to use the expedited screening lane, if you are chosen for PreCheck.It should be noted that a Trusted Traveler or TSA PreCheck enrollee is not always guaranteed expedited service. Only when it is indicated on the boarding pass will you be eligible for TSA PreCheck. This is because the TSA randomizes which travelers are granted PreCheck access on any given trip, for security reasons. So you can be offered PreCheck for one trip, but not necessarily another. Again, this randomization is for security reasons. You can find this information here, under "Other Ways to Experience TSA PreCheck": http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/participation-tsa-precheck%C2%AE.Finally - this is fairly rare - if PreCheck is not a option and you are elderly or require additional assistance to travel due to medical conditions or a disability, you can get assistance at the airport by using a program called TSA Cares.If you call TSA Cares at least 72 hours before the flight, you can get assistance getting through the lines quicker, due to age or medical condition/disability: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/travelers-disabilities-and-medical-conditionsHere is the number that you can call to contact TSA Cares for assistance. 1 - 855 - 787 - 2227.The hours of operation for the TSA Cares help line are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. EST and weekends and Holidays 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST.If I have answered your questions, please remember to give my customer service a positive rating. To do that, click on 3 or more stars, or any of the happy faces. I do not get a salary, so this is very important so that I get credit for helping you. I depend on your honesty and good faith to rate my customer service positively. Again, this is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.If you have additional questions, you can still ask them even after you have given me a positive rating.REMINDER: You are rating my customer service, not the outcome. Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.
If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be sure to help you.
Thank you!
Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
Briarcliff767
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. Since you asked if there was a location in Boston the answer is yes. There is an application site at Boston Logan International Airport you can walk in they do take walk in applications if you have further questions please let me know. Have a great week. Hope
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767