How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an upcoming court date because luckily the judge

Customer Question

Hi. I have an upcoming court date because luckily the judge set issue of invalidity of the settlement that happened back in June. This involves tenants that I had that are fraudsters and their publicly traded penny stock company that seems to engage in fraudulent securities activities among other things. Now that they have "revealed" themselves as being fraudulent - deceiving the mediator (previously a judge), my former lawyers and myself - by getting their settlement revoked, I'm hoping I can make a strong case for myself which in turn might at least help others not be defrauded by them. Is there a particular type of fraud lawyer that can best serve my somewhat convoluted case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, There s no legal specialty related to fraud. If your case involves family law, then you need a family law attorney. If your case involves securities fraud, then you need a securities litigation attorney. If your case involved a rental agreement, then you need a landlord-tenant lawyer. If you need a link to a reputable lawyer referral service, please let me know that my answer is helpful, and I will be happy to provide additional information. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!