How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41519
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A credit company sued me and after I submitted paperwork showing

Customer Question

A credit company sued me and after I submitted paperwork showing they were in the wrong, their attorney is dropping litigation. I have paid court filing fees and other expenses because their client was in error. What can I do to recover my money I paid out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You can file a motion for costs with the judge here asking for filing fees here and any other costs.The court has authority to enter a judgement in your favor for these amounts.Ask for a hearing on the matter if you have too.This would be your remedy, you testify at hearing about your costs here, make a good list to attach to your motion. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Sample modify it here to costs only if you were pro se and had no legal fees.. Thanks again.