How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1458
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Legal Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to help someone get a DL back after Suspension. The

Customer Question

Trying to help someone get a DL back after Suspension. The Fees total over 2k. Cannot get a good job without a DL and cannot Pay the fees with the job he has.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: South Carolina is the state.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Individual has multiple fines and did jail time for others. The DMV here has a per-item fee that we are trying to get reduced.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
what state is the drivers license issued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Issued in South Carolina.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.The suspension appears to be based upon serious matters. It would be difficult to have the suspension lifted in full. The only way to resolve the suspension issue is through an administrative hearing, where you contest the suspended license, you can request an administrative hearing through the South Carolina Administrative Law Court, and ask that a restricted license be issued for work. The judge can in his discretion, lower the fines and make a payment arrangement for the fines. They are located at1205 Pendleton Street, Suite 224Edgar A. Brown BuildingColumbia, SC 29201ORCall them at(###) ###-#### ***** hope this helps with your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that information does not help. The time for the suspensions has been met it is the FEE'S that total OVER 2 thousand dollars that we are trying to get help with. That was the basis of my original query. Can you provide guidance on the FEE's issue?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
South Carolina DMV has a 6 month payment plan option, which is available for certain offenses. Here is a list of what qualifies.56-9-610/620 Failure to Maintain Proof of Financial Responsibility56-1-270 Failure to Pass Re-Examination56-1-240 False Information on an Application56-1-270 Physically Disqualified56-1-120 Minor Signature Withdrawal56-1-460(A)(1) Driving Under Suspension(excludes any DUS that is the result of DUI or DUAC)56-2-2740 Failure to Pay Property Tax56-10-270 Operating/Allow Operation of Uninsured Vehicle56-1-185 Excessive Points for a Minor56-1-290 Operating Unlicensed Taxi or Vehicle56-10-240 Cancellation of Insurance (per diem included)56-10-520 Uninsured Motorist UM520 (Owner/Non-Owner)56-10-530 Accident Uninsured FR 53056-10-225 Failure to Show Proof of Insurance at Time of Stop56-10-240 No Insurance at Time of Registration56-9-490 Accident Judgment Default FR6b56-9-354 Accident Installment Default FR-4056-9-351 Financial Responsibility Accident FR556-9-357 Failure to Deposit Insurance OOS Accident FR5b56-9-430 Accident Judgment FR-634-11-70 Dishonored Check56-25-20 Failure to Pay Traffic Ticket56-1-170 Departmental SuspensionTo qualify, the person must not have any suspensions other than those listed above, if there are any suspensions that are NOT included in the list, ALL of the reinstatement requirements for those suspensions before eligibility to enroll in the payment program. If they do not qualify, then the only other option is to request a hearing with the administrative court.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
If you have any other questions, just ask. Please rate the answer for credit and tracking.