How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im an overstayed I don't have any health insurance, how much

Customer Question

Im an overstayed I don't have any health insurance, how much will it cost me at the hospital?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
The answer to that question is very fact specific. The answer depends on the nature of your illness and the reason for the stay. Assuming the hospital cannot talk your health insurance into covering your stay based on your illness and necessity, the answer will then depend on the particular billing practices of that particular hospital. The business office of that hospital can tell you that information as they have their internal, non-public, pricing sheets for uncovered patients. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Best wishes going forward and please rate my answer positively (three or more stars).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I overstayed for 3 months and planning to get married next week to my bf who is a green card holder. Im 35 weeks pregnant right now, can his insurance cover my hospital bills? Thank you
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Yes, insurance can cover your hospital bills. Moreover, I encourage you to seek your medical care at a charity hospital (which are normally university research hospitals). They have the ability to absorb the cost and not pass them on to you, even in the absence of insurance. You will also receive top notch care from the physicians on staff at those hospitals. Congratulations, by the way! That is great news! Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! 😊One more question, my bf is a greencard holder since 1990. After we get married next week, what do you suggest for us to do next? Im was a j1 visa holder
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
You need to immediately pursue citizenship in the United States. Your child will be a US citizen by being born in the US. You should pursue the same and enjoy the full benefits of this great country.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any additional questions or comments? I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!