How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19494
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a diabetic with nearly 24 years on the job where retirement

Customer Question

I am a diabetic with nearly 24 years on the job where retirement is at 25 years. I have been on limited/light duty and just received a notice for a hearing regarding disability retirement. They want my A1c at 8.0 or below, but my most recent one was 8.9. I have been on less than full duty since July 15, 2015. Should I have an ADA attorney handle my case and hearing? I work for the DC police.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you should have an ADA Attorney handle your case. You should not go this alone. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.