How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30180
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can idind out if myexhusband and his girlfried are ulligallyrecoeding

Customer Question

How can idind out if myexhusband and his girlfried are ulligallyrecoeding me from another state
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Well my xhusband and his girlfriend are recording me and my daughter and the live in Vinton losiana and I am my daughters legalgurdian and the are trying to get information on me
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes that I need to find out if I out certian thing on paper through legal zoom that is it. Legal for me to do so.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Louisiana law only requires the consent of one party to a conversation in order to record it, so it would not be a crime in THEIR state to make a recording of your conversations. Louisiana Rev. Stat., Section 15:1303. Federal law also only requires the consent of one party, and that law could arguably be used in interstate communications. It's a good idea not to say anything to them that you do not want to be captured in a recording to potentially be used against you. You can also refuse to talk to them, period, about anything that is not a necessary conversation, directly relevant to your daughter. You do not have to speak to his girlfriend at all. With that said, I can check to see if YOUR state prohibits making recordings of a phone call. What state are you in?