How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116835
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sue my girlfriend me JA: The Lawyer

Customer Question

I want to sue my girlfriend for harassing me
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a relationship with my girlfriend for almost two years and now because we have some problems or she found out that I text my classmate with an emoji kissing face my life turn up side down. She started to send to my family members overseas pics of our private life me and her. She wants me to move my car in her name and she wants to send to my embassy all our private life. I have a scholarship and this will suspend me from the scholarship. I have a lot to talk about,but at the end I want to sue her because she will not stop until there is nothing left in my life to destroy anymore
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If she is sending known false information about you to others or is publishing false information about you, then you can sue her for defamation, false light (possibly) and harassment. However, if she is only contacting people with no real purpose other than to annoy or harass you, then you can sue her for harassment only and seek a court order for an injunction to stop the conduct.
You do not have to move your car into her name and do not let her bully you. Also, sending private pictures should not harm your scholarship, since those have nothing to do with your academic conduct. However, the court injunction will order her to turn over all of those pictures as well.
You will need to get a local attorney who is in the same city you are in though and you can get a general litigation attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, or
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for respond. She went through my email and took a lot of screen shots from my previous conversation with girls in 2009 , 2011 , and 2013 before I start knowing her and started to threaten me that's she will relave my past and haram my reputation. I started knowing her in late 2014. She is in love me and I didn't cheat on her. Yes I did stupid flirting with girls some time put not to the point I even hang out with them ,but yet she doesn't want to be reasonable she wants just to destroy me from every where. Thank you for the advice I will contact an attorney from my local area
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to file a police report for computer hacking, since she made unauthorized access to your email and is now committing extortion against you trying to get you to do things to stop her from spreading the illegally obtained information.