Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

Is it wise to (continue to) represent myself in court?

Customer Question

Is it wise for me to (continue to) represent myself in court? The defendant (I am plaintiff) is attempting to vacate a $20,000 judgment I obtained against him on 3/10/16 for a landscaping suit. He did not show up for any of the 3 court dates and has never attempted to contact me to try to address an incomplete/poor done job in summer 2014. Thank you. Terry
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Terry, since you have a great deal of money at stake it certainly would be wise to perhaps reach out to a few attorneys. The advantage is obviously that they know the court system. On the other hand, it may not be feasible if you're already entrenched in litigation. It largely depends on the extent of your litigation and how comfortable you feel continuing to represent yourself. You would be the best judge of the latter. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.