How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102192
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reside in MO, my ex resides in IL and had his attorney file a Rule to Show Cause

Customer Question

I reside in MO, my ex resides in IL and had his attorney file a Rule to Show Cause for not letting him Skype or call our children. He won't answer my calls and my internet bill is more than I can afford.
His attorney only gave me 9 days to respond from the day I received it via mail. I cannot afford an attorney, my ex owes over 10K. I have evidence to dispute his claims. My ex is also currently breaking several orders, including falsifying a tax return, that altered my subsidy through Marketplace Insurance in 2015, until I filed Innocent Spouse. I currently have no health ins, and get food stamps.
Please advise on how to respond to the Rule To Show Cause.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Was the Rule to Show Cause filed in Illinois or Missouri? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was filed in IL
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am providing you with instructions on how to file a response as well as a sample pleading for the response HERE. This should tell you how to respond and provide a fill out form. Let me know if the link does not work. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!