How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27643
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the petitioner and filed a non contestant disolution of

Customer Question

I am the petitioner and filed a non contestant disolution of our 4 month marriage in santa rosa county Fl. Case #***** He is comming this sat to pick up his belongings at my residence . Can I give him his copy and have him sign top copy and date it and time it wit two witness doing the same . Then make a copy of this and give him the copy and hand deliver the original wit signatures dates and time to the court to show he received his disolution packet instead of a process server due to his job up north.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. No, you can not. If the divorce is not going to be contested and you both can agree on everything that both parties can sign and file it with the court. However, you can not legally serve him and would need to use a process server or the sheriff, as provided by the court, if this is contested. The court charges a nominal fee for this and it needs to be done if he wants to contest it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a non contested disolution of marriage
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
If it is not contested then he can simply fill out the necessary documents and you can both sign and submit it to the court.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!