How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 62 year old disabled (fibromyalgia) woman who was arrested

Customer Question

I am a 62 year old disabled (fibromyalgia) woman who was arrested last year for dui after drinking two ultra light beers in 2 & 1/4 hours at a local tavern. I hired a lawyer and ended up with a hung jury and now they want to try me again but no $$ left. I've always supported and believed in the police, but after this experience I don't know what to think. They played musical cars to hide all the abusive parts of the stop and the officer used Purell vigorously over the intoxiliser mouth piece and then put on gloves right before I took the test. Of course the machine picked up on the Purell and results were .1% and of course, no video of this. Now I am being followed and intimidated by police almost every time I leave my house. This officer has killed before and this case is one of the few shootings I can find without any witnesses. I am scared to death at this point. He knows I know what he did and I am afraid I will end up beat up or worse off in retaliation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling matters of a similar nature. It is a pleasure to assist you today, though I wish the circumstances were different. I have four courses of action for you to take..which can be taken at the same time or individually:- Contact your local ACLU office and ask for assistance. The ACLU can provide attorneys free of charge and has the capacity to apply media and political pressure as well. Since you are (somewhat) elderly and have a disability that directly relates to your ability to take and pass a breath test, they may have interest in providing assistance - certainly in view of the treatment you are receiving;- File for a restraining order against the policeman that is in question with a local have grounds to file and this may assist you in your endeavors once granted; - File a complaint against the officer as well as his agency with your state Attorney General's Office of Public Integrity. The Public Integrity office is designed to root out abuses of power by government officials. By filing a complaint, you can shine a light on this officer and his agency, AND- File a complaint with your local FBI office under the premise of abuse of police law they have to investigate and they can even prosecute if they find that your rights have been violated by this officer. Let me know if you have any other questions. In short, you need to turn the tables on these bad actors. Please rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my response. Best wishes going forward!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Just checking to see if you have any additional questions. My goal is for you to leave here confident in your position moving forward. Thanks
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in on you. I hope all is well.