How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33735
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have just intervened as a Pro Se plaintiff in a Texas civil

Customer Question

We have just intervened as a Pro Se plaintiff in a Texas civil case. We have a document that we believe is fraudulent that we received from a private investment company (defendant). This document is alleged to have been generated from a bank (Wells Fargo) manager and we strongly believe it is fraudulent. Is a subpoena the correct method to send this document to the bank branch manager to verify that this document is genuine. If not, what is the proper procedure?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. In Texas, the best way to do what you want is to either do a deposition on written questions or an oral deposition. If you haven't done a lot of legal work then an oral deposition is likely the way to go. It would be a little more expensive but if you make a mistake on the wording in a deposition on written questions they will just object or not answer whereas if you are in an oral deposition then you can make changes as you go if you detect a problem.