How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118708
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a heloc in 2005 with bank of america. i sold theproperty

Customer Question

I signed a heloc in 2005 with bank of america. i sold theproperty nov 2005 my mortgagee was NFCU. B of a gave a letter to closing showing no funds used account 0. i moved to MD with daughter in may 2006 i called b of a to transfer my assets tfrom arizona to md and change address and etc. i met with b of a represenative during that meeting i inquired to borrow $50,000.00 from assetts was told the penalty would be costly but i could take out a personal loan on assetts and a $60.000.00 boat. it was set up the account number(###) ###-####created. i went out of country on my return i was notified in 2007 a lien was on arizona property i called the bank they assured me a error was done they had not closed the account but wuld correct. i have since that date tried to correct the mistake they made withno avail. the following is what the status is.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that your only recourse here if they will not correct the error is that you have to now file a civil suit against them for breach of contract and unfair and deceptive practices for them improperly applying your loan. This means you would need to get a local consumer protection attorney and you would need to file your suit against BoA for the damages caused by their breaching the contract and get the court to order that the bank correct the error as well.
You can get a local attorney at the same place used by other attorneys, or