Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Negative balance in my paypal account JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question
negative balance in my paypal...
negative balance in my paypal account
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am owner of paid to click websites: lexiadz.com, adzbazar.com both websites are 2 years old, and was accepting paypal in my account from the sites and paying members for digital goods my account transactions valum between 1/3 and 1/4 2016 was 74000 bucks and was having around 20 disputes monthly 4 days ago, paypal put my account under review and after tons of calling and emails, they finally responded today but with closing my account the amount of disputes that can be done is around $300.000 within the last 180 days soon enough since paypal decided to close my account after all this years because they are saying that they dont accept my business model after all this years, i am afraid from what paypal can do to me when the balance go deeply in minus and if they can reach me and take further collection debts
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/10/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, Paypal can sue you for any negative balances for money you owe them as a result of charge backs and claims against the account. So, they would have to take you to civil court and they could report you to the credit bureaus as well, which would negatively impact your credit.
Their account terms say they have discretion on closing suspicious accounts, which is what they are claiming here. All you can do is file written arguments to them as to why the account should be left open. Other than that, they have a right to close the account. They also have the right to hold you liable if they have to refund money that causes you to go into a negative balance, which means suing you and getting a judgment against you for the money due.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you for your answer sir, i called them and asked about the resoan why my account is closed, but none single reason, only for security resoans and suspicious activity, why they allowed me to and accepted my online websites and there business model for more than two years and until i had more than 1 million user, and now decided to close my account now, no answers. the avg of possible charge backs in my account at the moment is around $300.000 if i lost all possible charge backs to bayers favor, they decided to close the account after all without anything strange happenning recently in the websites, just the usual, even after limiting my account for the past 6 days and waiting for review, the account didnt had a single dispute, but now with this amount of members when they know that my paypal account is closed, all of them will rush opening disputes and take what they can, they even gave me a manager for my account and his phone number incase anything needed one year ago, after the limitation, the manager is not responding anymore to any of my calls. anything i can do to make paypal responsible about there acts and saw them for closing my account after all this many years and after reaching this amount of growth?
Thank you for your reply.
If you read their account agreement with you, it says they can cancel the account for suspicious activity, so you have to write them an appeal explaining how and why your business is legitimate and appeal their determination.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney