How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27741
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

District Attorney put a hold on bank account JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

District Attorney put a hold on bank account
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The bank said the DA put the account on hold when I call the DA they say that they were going to Jay's take the money we have a smoke shop and they said we were under suspicion of selling synthetic maj
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What is your question about this? Have you actually been charged yet for selling synthetic marijuana?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are u there
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I still have no idea what you want to learn about this situation. I will provide you with an answer basied on what I think you want to know. If it doesn't address your specific concern, please reply with some details, and I will expand my answer. The state has the right put a hold on your funds under certain circumstances: -- to investigate whether these funds are evidence of criminal activity; -- to use the funds against you as evidence in a criminal case; -- to initiate forfeiture proceedings if it is determined that the money is the means or instrumentality of a crime. In the first instance, they cannot hold the funds indefinitely. If they cannot link the money to illegal activity and the investigation ceases, they must return your funds to you. In the second instance, if you are convicted after trial of selling synthetic marijuana, they will confiscate your unlawful gains as contraband, but you should be able to get the money back if you are acquitted of the charges. In the third, they can initiate forfeiture proceedings. If so, you'd get a notice and be told that you could challenge this at a hearing. You'd need to get a lawyer and would be expected to prove that the funds were obtained lawfully and that you're entitled to them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We sell poturri never have been charged with selling a banned substance
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
If that's so, then they should eventually release the hold. I would not expect them to be quick about it and you may have to hire an attorney to make them release it.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I've been trying to accept your phone call request but your payment for that service apparently didn't go through. If you would still like the phone call, you need to straighten that out with your card carrier. Otherwise, if you need further information, please respond on this question thread as before.