How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27076
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took my wife's medicine to her in jail. she then informs

Customer Question

I took my wife's medicine to her in jail. she then informs me over the phone that there were other medicine(Clonopins) in the prescription bottle. I did not know this and now I am worried. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, There is nothing you can do except to hope that the prison does not charge you with bringing contraband into the prison. You cannot undo the fact that you brought the medicine in, and making statements to the authorities will not help you. If anyone reaches out to you about this or if you receive word that you're going to be charged, you have a mistake defense to these charges. At that point, however, you still would not want to make statements to the authorities, as anything you say about this, even what you think may be helpful, can be twisted and used against you in a criminal case. What you would want to do at that point would be to tell the authorities, that you think you'd like to talk to a lawyer before discussing anything more. Then go find yourself a criminal attorney.