How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31732
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a family sue the military death of a child that lose

Customer Question

Can a family sue the military for a death of a child that lose his life 3/17/16 on base in blinds.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If the death of the person is related to negligence or wrongful death (not combat related), it is possible to sue under the Federal Tort Claims Act and also under the Military Claims Act.......depending on the specific claim. Here's a good link you can read:
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
If the family wants to pursue a claim, they should definitely consult a local military law attorney to file a notice of claim and navigate through the statutory procedure in order to properly plead the claim.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!